Wednesday, January 21, 2009

PROBLEM UPDATE: a bombshell

This is a suprise to say the least. They are claiming now the providers trade also got stopped out and was never closed in profit. I am 100% sure this is not the case. (I apolgise the trades data in zulutrades email is not very clear. in my email it was in a table)

Dear xxx,
Your request for a refund has not been confirmed. In signal provider's account the trade has been closed by stop:

LIVE2008/12/31 14:20SELLGBP/JPY132.849 2009/01/06 09:06137.715
271-487-72-487.0 pips-$5,267.66
In your account:
FxMarkets 12/31/2008 09:20 SELL1GBP/JPY132.8012009/01/06 08:32137.715264-491-491.0 pips-$526.47

Signal provider GBP/JPY FxMarkets 12/31/2008 2:20:25 PM 1/6/2009
9:06:03 AM 132.849 137.715 Stop Hit
User GBP/JPY FxMarkets 12/31/2008 9:20:19
AM 1/6/2009 8:32:03 AM 132.801 137.715 Stop Hit


The trade has been closed by the stop of a signal provider in your account as well and we do not find any technical issues. Your signal provider has sent 2 signals at the same time 14:20 UTC (2:20pm UTC or 9:20am NY time that you see on your broker's report), you can see both of these trades in the history of signal provider and the provider tickets for the trades match 11.633662864032423648, so the trade has been executed correctly. The closing time differs as the broker is more accurate in price flactuations and closes positions more precisely than we close in signal provider's account (as he is not linked with the broker).

The problem that we were experiencing at that time is that we could not see open positions of signal provider from live accounts and we had some time zones problems (the opening time of the trade in your account has been taken from FXCM when we normally use UTC time). However it is fixed now. The closing reason we see on our system is STOP HIT for both - your and signal provider's trades. As we see now FX markets is putting unreasonably high stops in order his trades not to close when the stop is hit and he leaves the trades open for few days and eventually closes them in profit, but with a big DD.

In any case we do not see a technical problem or missed signals in your case.
If there are any further questions do not hesitate to contact us again.
Regards,



this is what I replied.

Dear Zulutrade,

I am shocked. Clearly your records have been manipulated.

I saw on the trades of the signal provider on the web, I saw in the Excel sheet of his trades, Rasa from zulutrade chat agreed, you agreed in your first emails that the trade was closed in profit. 16 pips to be exact. You agreed you have to investigate why my trade, and others, were not closed together with the signal provider, you even added the provider has so many users.

Friends in the blog sphere have also mentioned either their trade in the demo was not closed and one guy closed it manually after realizing the providers trade was closed already. Never ever has FxMarkets allowed a trade to reach 270 pips in profit or even close it to it. It does not make sense, and after seeing earlier different records I just don't believe it.

Could you please give me a phone number of the person responsible who also knows about the trade and the problem.

thank you



My dear Bloggers, perhaps I will need your help...

Is there by any chance anyone whos trade closed succesfully with a couple of PIPs profit?

3 comments:

  1. Hello !

    I`m not english so first forgive my english.
    I have the same problem and I received the same mail from Zulutrade. And, of course, I`m not agree whith the argument.
    What can we do???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    Thanks Aitor. Do you have a print screen or Excel sheet from FxMarkets that show his trade was closed?

    Lets see what they reply to my email.
    We will fight for the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, unfortunately, I haven`t a print screen. But they recognize me when I phoned them that it was an error ...like you. And now ...

    good luck !!

    ReplyDelete